- View Desktop Site
Search:

SH3372 :: Eglwys Maelog Sant Church

Taken 14 years ago by Eric Jones near Bryn Du/SH3472, Isle of Anglesey, Wales

Eglwys Maelog Sant Church by Eric Jones
Eglwys Maelog Sant Church

St Maelog established a monastic cell here in 6thC. During the middle ages St Maelog's church was one of 5 chapels of ease of Llanbeulan parish - the mother church being that of St Beulan at SH3775. St Maelog's was rebuilt in 1848 using monies received from the railway company for wayleave across lands belonging to the parish. The building was refurbished in 2001. It is now the main church of the joint parish of Llanfaelog and Llangwyfan. LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   ©Copyright Eric Jones and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
· Find out How to reuse this image · Share: Twitter Facebook Pinterest Flipboard WhatsApp · Download Image ·

(click any of the following to view more images)


popup map coverage map navigate
Subject Grid Square SH3372
Subject Lat/Long 53.227845,-4.492748 (click to view more nearby images)
Near Bryn Du/SH3472, Isle of Anglesey, Wales
Photographer Eric Jones
Taken 20081114 200811 2008 (about 14 years ago)
Submitted 2008-11-18
Subject church ·
Group St Maelog's Church ·
Term middle ages · railway company · monies · mother church · org uk ·

View full page at geograph.org.uk/photo/1050444