- View Desktop Site
Search:

NZ9208 :: Station House, Hawsker Station

Taken 11 years ago by N Chadwick near High Hawsker, North Yorkshire, England

Station House, Hawsker Station by N Chadwick
Station House, Hawsker Station

One of eight intermediate stations between Scarborough and Whitby. Closed in 1965. Now privately owned and used as a cycle hire centre.
Old Scarborough to Whitby line
The railway line between Scarborough and Whitby was opened in 1885 and was very popular with holiday makers. It opened up the North Yorkshire coastline to tourists. It was closed in 1965. The route now is a cinder track and forms part of National cycleway 1 (Dover to John O' Groats). It is also a popular walking trail. A full history of the line can be read at LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   ©Copyright N Chadwick and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
· Find out How to reuse this image · Share: Twitter Facebook Google Plus Pinterest Flipboard WhatsApp · Download Image ·

(click any of the following to view more images)


popup map coverage map navigate
Subject Grid Square NZ9208
Subject Lat/Long 54.459192,-0.578311 (click to view more nearby images)
Near High Hawsker, North Yorkshire, England
Photographer N Chadwick
Taken 20100604 201006 2010 (about 11 years ago)
Submitted 2010-06-17
Snippet Old Scarborough to Whitby line ·
Subject house ·
Group Station Closed in 1965 · Cycle Hire Centre · Whitby to Scarborough ·
Term intermediate stations · whitby · trailways · fsnet · scarborough ·

View full page at geograph.org.uk/photo/1918376