- View Desktop Site
Search:

NJ2263 :: Elgin Cathedral

Taken 12 years ago by Dr Richard Murray near Elgin, Moray, Scotland

Elgin Cathedral by Dr Richard Murray
Elgin Cathedral

Sometimes called "The Lantern of the North", Elgin Cathedral was first built in 1224 but was destroyed by fire (and pillage) several times. It was finally abandoned for worship after the Reformation in 1560. The chapter house is on the right.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   ©Copyright Dr Richard Murray and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
· Find out How to reuse this image · Share: Twitter Facebook Pinterest Flipboard WhatsApp · Download Image ·

(click any of the following to view more images)


popup map coverage map navigate
Subject Grid Square NJ2263
Subject Lat/Long 57.650697,-3.305712 (click to view more nearby images)
Near Elgin, Moray, Scotland
Photographer Dr Richard Murray
Taken 20100830 201008 2010 (about 12 years ago)
Submitted 2010-09-06
Subject cathedral ·
Group Chapter House ·
Term chapter house · reformation · elgin cathedral · several times ·

View full page at geograph.org.uk/photo/2053305