- View Desktop Site
Search:

ST3186 :: Former Pill library, Newport

Taken 9 years ago by Jaggery near Newport/Casnewydd, Newport, Wales

Former Pill library, Newport by Jaggery
Former Pill library, Newport

The late Victorian building, on the north side of Temple Street, was originally a Newport library branch reading room, later upgraded to a branch lending library. In January 2009, library services were transferred to a new branch in Commercial Road, Link The building is now the headquarters of Pillgwenlly Community First. Inscribed in stone above the top floor central window is KNOWLEDGE IS POWER Above that, 1889 is inscribed in the pediment (topmost triangular stone).
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   ©Copyright Jaggery and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
· Find out How to reuse this image · Share: Twitter Facebook Google Plus Pinterest Flipboard WhatsApp · Download Image ·

(click any of the following to view more images)


popup map coverage map navigate
Subject Grid Square ST3186
Subject Lat/Long 51.575885,-2.989866 (click to view more nearby images)
Near Newport/Casnewydd, Newport, Wales
Photographer Jaggery
Taken 20101215 201012 2010 (about 9 years ago)
Submitted 2010-12-17
Subject library ·
Group North · Newport Pill · Commercial Road ·
Term temple street · library branch · photo · triangular stone · lending library · newport · reading room · knowledge is power · geograph · library services · victorian building · org uk ·

View full page at geograph.org.uk/photo/2199751