- View Desktop Site
Search:

SK5739 :: Canal bridge and British Waterways warehouse

Taken 8 years ago by John Sutton near Nottingham/SK5641, City of Nottingham, England

Canal bridge and British Waterways warehouse by John Sutton
Canal bridge and British Waterways warehouse

The bridge in the foreground crossed a canal spur - now filled in - which served the railway goods and grain warehouse whose site is now occupied by the Magistrates' Courts. The British Waterways warehouse, now flats, was built by the Trent Navigation Company, which was responsible for river and canal traffic from 1793 until 1940. For a view of this bridge from the other side of the canal, see SK5739 : Nottingham Canal and Magistrates' Courts.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   ©Copyright John Sutton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
· Find out How to reuse this image · Share: Twitter Facebook Google Plus Pinterest Flipboard WhatsApp · Download Image · Larger Sizes

(click any of the following to view more images)


popup map coverage map navigate
Subject Grid Square SK5739
Subject Lat/Long 52.947889,-1.150327 (click to view more nearby images)
Near Nottingham/SK5641, City of Nottingham, England
Photographer John Sutton
Taken 20110521 201105 2011 (about 8 years ago)
Submitted 2011-05-23
Context Housing, Dwellings · City, Town centre · Industry · Canals ·
Tag british waterways · Nottingham Canal · Trent Navigation Company ·
Term grain warehouse · british waterways · traffic · bridge · navigation company · foreground · railway · magistrates courts · 1940 ·

View full page at geograph.org.uk/photo/2423675