ST3186 :: MV Balmoral on the River Usk 
Taken 9 years ago by Robin Drayton near Newport/Casnewydd, Newport, Wales
MV Balmoral on the River Usk 
Passengers embarking for a cruise to Penarth.
Motor Vessel Balmoral
The Balmoral was built in 1949 and initially operated as a ferry carrying up to 10 cars on the Southampton to Cowes crossing. In the late 1960s she became part of P&A Campbell's White Funnel Fleet based in the Bristol Channel. Since 1986, owned by the Waverley Steam Navigation Co. Ltd, she continues to operate excursions in the Bristol Channel and other UK coastal areas. The Balmoral is on the Register of British Historic Ships.
(click any of the following to view more images)
|Subject Grid Square||ST3186|
|Subject Lat/Long||51.573765,-2.983162 (click to view more nearby images)|
|Near||Newport/Casnewydd, Newport, Wales|
|Taken||20110819 201108 2011 (about 9 years ago)|
|Snippet||Motor Vessel Balmoral ·|
|Context||Rivers, Streams, Drainage ·|
|Tag||historic ship · river:Usk ·|
|Group||River Usk in Newport ·|
View full page at geograph.org.uk/photo/2566369