- View Desktop Site
Search:

SO0602 :: Grade II listed Church of St John the Baptist, Troedyrhiw

Taken 9 years ago by Jaggery near Pentrebach/SO0603, Merthyr Tydfil, Wales

Grade II listed Church of St John the Baptist, Troedyrhiw by Jaggery
Grade II listed Church of St John the Baptist, Troedyrhiw

Church in Wales church viewed from Hill Street, which was named after a Merthyr Tydfil ironmaster, Anthony Hill, the owner of the Plymouth Ironworks. He funded the construction of the church in 1852. Hill was buried within the church in an iron coffin. The church was Grade II listed in August 1975.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   ©Copyright Jaggery and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
· Find out How to reuse this image · Share: Twitter Facebook Google Plus Pinterest Flipboard WhatsApp · Download Image ·

(click any of the following to view more images)


popup map coverage map navigate
Subject Grid Square SO0602
Subject Lat/Long 51.709866,-3.350286 (click to view more nearby images)
Near Pentrebach/SO0603, Merthyr Tydfil, Wales
Photographer Jaggery
Taken 20120705 201207 2012 (about 9 years ago)
Submitted 2012-07-11
Context Village, Rural settlement · Religious sites ·
Tag church · Grade II listed · Church in Wales ·
Group Grade II Listed Church of St John · Viewed from Hill Street · Church of St John the Baptist ·
Term ironmaster · ironworks · church in wales · merthyr tydfil · iron coffin · plymouth ·

View full page at geograph.org.uk/photo/3032824