- View Desktop Site
Search:

NT2575 :: Powderhall railway station (site), Edinburgh

Taken 4 years ago by Nigel Thompson near Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, Scotland

Powderhall railway station (site), Edinburgh by Nigel Thompson
Powderhall railway station (site), Edinburgh

Opened in 1868 on the North British Railway's branch line from Edinburgh Waverley to Leith Citadel, this station closed to passengers in 1947. View west at the former entrance on Broughton Road. Little evidence apparently remains at track level, below.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   ©Copyright Nigel Thompson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
· Find out How to reuse this image · Share: Twitter Facebook Google Plus Pinterest Flipboard WhatsApp · Download Image · Larger Sizes

(click any of the following to view more images)


popup map coverage map navigate
Subject Grid Square NT2575
Subject Lat/Long 55.967148,-3.188224 (click to view more nearby images)
Near Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, Scotland
Photographer Nigel Thompson
Taken 20150613 201506 2015 (about 4 years ago)
Submitted 2015-06-23
Context Suburb, Urban fringe · Railways ·
Subject railway station ·
Tag site of old railway station · former train station · London & North Eastern Railway · North British Railway ·
Group Open · Broughton Road · Railway Line ·

View full page at geograph.org.uk/photo/4536005