- View Desktop Site
Search:

NS2059 :: The Clark Memorial Church, Largs

Taken 14 years ago by Dave Hitchborne near Largs/NS2059, North Ayrshire, Scotland

The Clark Memorial Church, Largs by Dave Hitchborne
The Clark Memorial Church, Largs

Gifted by John Clark of the Anchor Thread Mills, Paisley, and designed by William Kerr of T G Abercrombie, Paisley 1892. Red sandstone from Locharbriggs and Corsehill in Early English Gothic style. Superb stained glass, all manufactured in Glasgow at the height of the Arts & Crafts movement. Hammer-beam roof. Organ by Father Willis, 1892. The Church of St John, sits to the right.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   ©Copyright Dave Hitchborne and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
· Find out How to reuse this image · Share: Twitter Facebook Google Plus Pinterest Flipboard WhatsApp · Download Image ·

(click any of the following to view more images)


popup map coverage map navigate
Subject Grid Square NS2059
Subject Lat/Long 55.793616,-4.870198 (click to view more nearby images)
Near Largs/NS2059, North Ayrshire, Scotland
Photographer Dave Hitchborne
Taken 20070711 200707 2007 (about 14 years ago)
Submitted 2007-07-21
Subject church ·
Group Church of St · Largs Churches ·
Term st john · arts crafts · glasgow · anchor thread · stained glass · abercrombie · thread mills · sandstone · hammer · william kerr ·

View full page at geograph.org.uk/photo/501149