- View Desktop Site
Search:

ST1597 :: Former Baptist Chapel, Pengam

Taken 12 years ago by Robin Drayton near Blackwood/Coed Duon, Caerphilly, Wales

Former Baptist Chapel, Pengam by Robin Drayton
Former Baptist Chapel, Pengam

This private residence was formerly Capel y Bont Welsh Baptist Church, built in 1857 and extended in 1865. Bont means bridge and the original chapel was sited near the bridge over the river Rhymney. The name was retained when the chapel was relocated to this site.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   ©Copyright Robin Drayton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
· Find out How to reuse this image · Share: Twitter Facebook Google Plus Pinterest Flipboard WhatsApp · Download Image ·

(click any of the following to view more images)


popup map coverage map navigate
Subject Grid Square ST1597
Subject Lat/Long 51.668360,-3.223804 (click to view more nearby images)
Near Blackwood/Coed Duon, Caerphilly, Wales
Photographer Robin Drayton
Taken 20071031 200710 2007 (about 12 years ago)
Submitted 2007-11-01
Group Rhymney River ·
Term bont · means bridge · welsh · capel · 1865 · private residence · bridge over the river ·

View full page at geograph.org.uk/photo/601034