- View Desktop Site
Search:

TG2308 :: The Paston House on Elm Hill

Taken 2 years ago by Evelyn Simak near Norwich, Norfolk, England

The Paston House on Elm Hill by Evelyn Simak
The Paston House on Elm Hill

The house was the home of the Pastons in the 15th century. After the 1507 fire, which destroyed all but one house on Elm Hill, a new house was built on the site by Augustine Steward, the deputy mayor of Norwich in 1549, at the time of Kett's Rebellion. The building now houses the Stranger's Club. The city's streets and lanes are usually teeming with tourists and shoppers, but with all pubs, restaurants and non-essential shops currently being closed due to the Coronavirus pandemic, most people are adhering to the lockdown rules and stay at home.  
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   ©Copyright Evelyn Simak and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
· Find out How to reuse this image · Share: Twitter Facebook Pinterest Flipboard WhatsApp · Download Image · Larger Sizes

(click any of the following to view more images)


popup map coverage map navigate
Subject Grid Square TG2308
Subject Lat/Long 52.631829,1.297122 (click to view more nearby images)
Near Norwich, Norfolk, England
Photographer Evelyn Simak
Taken 20200419 202004 2020 (about 2 years ago)
Submitted 2020-04-21
Context Historic sites and artefacts · Roads, Road transport · City, Town centre ·
Tag Coronavirus - Covid 19 ·

View full page at geograph.org.uk/photo/6448790