- View Desktop Site
Search:

NJ3512 :: Strathdon Parish Kirk

Taken 15 days ago by Anne Burgess near Strathdon, Aberdeenshire, Scotland

Strathdon Parish Kirk by Anne Burgess
Strathdon Parish Kirk

This surprisingly elaborate Gothic kirk in a very rural parish was opened in 1852. It was funded by Charles Forbes of Newe and designed by James Matthews not long after his return from working with George Gilbert Scott in London. It occupies the same site as at least two earlier kirks, separated from the hamlet of Bellabeg by the River Don.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   ©Copyright Anne Burgess and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
· Find out How to reuse this image · Share: Twitter Facebook Google Plus Pinterest Flipboard WhatsApp · Download Image · Larger Sizes

(click any of the following to view more images)


popup map coverage map navigate
Subject Grid Square NJ3512
Subject Lat/Long 57.200973,-3.069159 (click to view more nearby images)
Near Strathdon, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Photographer Anne Burgess
Taken 20210911 202109 2021 (about 15 days ago)
Submitted 2021-09-13
Context Religious sites ·
Group Rural · Strathdon Parish Kirk ·

View full page at geograph.org.uk/photo/6961190